Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Day 12: sick

The amount of regret on the ice cream Challenge looms large. Last night as we were making camp I started to feel sick.  This morning I definitely was sick. It feels like a standard cold, headache, sore throat, congestion.

We hiked today anyway, well jamie hiked, I followed like a zombie 20 paces behind him.

About mid day we started talking about taking a zero day. When we got to a shelter I texted my friend badger, and I think he is going to come pick us up and we are going to spend a couple days in state college.

We saw a snake in a lake this morning, I can't tell if the pics came out on this crappy phone. There were also dragonflies, freshly chestbursted out of their nymph stage and hardening their wings in the sun.

3 comments:

  1. I'll be there; we'll get you two patched up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Take care of yourself. Let us know if you need anything. We'll send some good vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sick isn't good - pump vitamin C and have your friend make you some chicken soup! Hope you're back on the trail soon. We had hundred's of mayflies hatching on the boat in the North Channel last summer. Love you.

    ReplyDelete