Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Day 45: dichotomy

Miles: 5
Water: 1

Today has been pretty mixed. I stuck with my plan of doing a short day.

The hiking today was awesome. It rained last night, was cloudy and cool all morning, perfect hiking weather. The terrain was neat, the views were nice and spooky. I was making good time and feeling good. I climbed mt Everett which was basically straight  up, didn't really even get winded. The hiking was a lot of fun and felt good.

Just before the shelter the trail was covered with tiny frogs. I thought they were bugs at first. Each one was no bigger than a fingernail. I walked very carefully to not squish them.

On the other hand, the rain had made all the rocks slick. I fell down three times, im a bit scratched up. My calf is still hurting. If I can ruin three days of rest with two five mile days, it might be really messed up.

So I'm feeling good, but also angry at the leg. Nothing I can do about it now but wait.

The next shelter is 14 miles ahead, so I think my plan is to take another zero here, and see if I can do the 14 the next day. This shelter is nice, and I can go swimming tomorrow too.

2 comments:

  1. That is an amazing spider web!!! It seems like you are enjoying the journey this week, and I hope that continues for you. Take it easy on that leg!!

    ReplyDelete